Coralie Walker, Designer and Art Director
As an independent creative Coralie guides residential and commercial clients through colour and pattern choices for interiors including reviving and restoring furniture. With an extensive contact book Coralie sources furnishings and creates bespoke decorative pieces, statement upholstery and curtains with experienced makers and craftspeople across the UK.
Coralie designs creative marketing collateral to motivate and move people. Working predominantly in the arts and cultural heritage sector through recommendation Coralie has maintained long working relationships with many regular clients.
Starting out in retail design, Coralie went on to implement corporate identities for international brands before art directing carefully targeted award-winning campaigns for the third sector and charities.
After graduating in Graphic Design from De Montfort University, Coralie worked within leading design studios and direct marketing agencies in London, set up an in-house graphics studio for a hospitality company and continues to design for well-established and start-up businesses.
Coralie’s portfolio includes extensive print and digital (advertising, direct mail, posters, leaflets, flyers, brochures, annual reports, stationery, packaging and merchandise) and a wide range of technology skills. In addition, her remote-working, freelance and in-house roles have contributed to excellent project management and scheduling. Coralie was a member of the Museums Association 2018-2020.
“Thank you for all your hard work in the showroom, the work on the website, social media, all your design work and creative input is greatly appreciated.”
Independent retailer, furniture restoration business and interior specialist established 1900
Services and skills
• Art direction
• Conceptual thinking
• Graphic design
• Visuals, schemes and moodboards
• Type layout and typography
• Artwork (pagination, print and cross-media)
• Reportage photography
• Photo editing and retouching
• Print handling
• Sourcing and specification
• Content design and website editing
• Cross-media marketing
• Logo design and brand development
• Print handling, packaging and point-of-sale
• Reportage photography and image retouching.
Decorative design consultancy
• Guiding on colour and pattern for interior decoration
• Sourcing fabrics, furniture and interior accessories to decorate homes
• Designing bespoke pieces and personalised products
• Working with specialist furniture craftspeople to restore, revive and reupholster
• Visualising and styling for interior collections digitisation
Coralie was part of the design team implementing:
• Station signage guidelines to be used across SE England at over 900 Network SouthEast stations
• Livery design for rolling stock
• A site specific information point beneath the world-famous four-sided clock at Waterloo station
• The moquette textile pattern ‘Blue Blaze’ (below) required to upholster the interiors of over 6,000 carriages in the Network SouthEast fleet
Moquette textile pattern for train carriage upholstery designed by Coralie Walker as part of a new corporate identity implementation. Following the decision to rebrand the London & South East commuter railway, a new corporate identity included transforming Waterloo station as the flagship terminus to launch the new Network SouthEast name and identity.
Collections digitisation, specialist photography and exhibition delivery
Associated creative services for the cultural heritage sector:
• Photography of museum and gallery objects (both 2D and 3D)
• Photography for marketing and PR events and retail and merchandising
• Open collections photography sessions
• Exhibition delivery
Please take a look at www.photomerchant.co.uk or contact Photo Merchant for more information about photographic and exhibition services.